Employers for Change Toolkits
Below is a downloadable PDF of our Employer Toolkit. This is a summary of the information covered by our website and can be used as a resource for Employers and Managers.
Employers for Change and Ibec Reasonable Accommodation Guide
Employers for Change and Ibec have created a Reasonable Accommodation Guide to:
- inform employers of their obligation to provide reasonable accommodations,
- provide information about when accommodations should be offered
- give guidance to employers on writing a reasonable accommodation statement, and
- share examples of reasonable accommodations.
Inclusive & Accessible Communications Toolkit
We have developed an inclusive communications toolkit which will act as a support for employers to ensure that they are not excluding any members of their team or potential candidates who have disability by producing inaccessible documents and communications. We want employers to be aware of the small and intentional changes they can make to ensure they are consistently removing barriers for people with disabilities. We also want to draw attention to the tools that are available/built in to the everyday programmes that our teams use. Ultimately our goal is to raise awareness and empower employers with the knowledge they need to create to more equitable and inclusive workplaces. A training course on inclusive and accessible communications is also available, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Inclusive Recruitment Toolkit
Are you looking for practical, evidenced-based methods of implementing inclusive recruitment strategies in your organisation? The Open Doors Initiative and Employers for Change have developed an Inclusive Recruitment toolkit and comprehensive training course. In creating this toolkit, which is supported by AIB, research was carried out in partnership with Atlantic Technological University (ATU) to understand the specific barriers for people from marginalised communities when seeking employment and the best strategies for becoming truly inclusive in the hiring process. To learn more about the Inclusive Recruitment training programme, please contact email@example.com.
Additional Toolkits, Guides & Resources
- Ahead.ie: WAM handbook for employers
- Ahead.ie publication: Demystifying disability in the workplace
- Ahead.ie Toolkit Including Graduates with disabilities in your workplace.
- Ahead.ie Guide A guide to disclosure
- Ahead.ie Guide Employer Accommodations
- Arthritis Ireland Guide Arthritis, back pain & related conditions: A guide for employers
- AsIam the Same Chance Toolkit - A Step by Step Guide to Becoming an Autism Friendly Employer
- AsIam Employer Guide for Supporting Autistic Adults
- ASSISTID Assistive Technology for people with intellectual disabilities
- Commission of Public Service Appointments Code of Practice For employing persons with disabilities
- Design Project Employer Toolkit for Working with Sign Language Interpreters
- Employers for Change Disclosures Toolkit
- Employers for Change, Open Doors & Ibec Disability and Employment Policy Paper
- Employers for Change, Open Doors & Positive2Work 'The Future of Work and Disability: A Remote Opportunity' research paper
- Employers for Change Guide to safe online content for photosensitive epilepsy
- Employers for Change Creating Accessible Online Event
- Employers for Change How to Write an Inclusive Job Description
- Epilepsy Ireland Employer's guide to Epilepsy
- Hays Recruitment A guide to disability in the recruitment process
- HSA Guide Employers guide to implementing inclusive health and safety practices for employees with disabilities.
- HSA Guide Workplace Health toolkit to assist small businesses
- MS Toolkit Working out MS in the Workplace - a practical toolkit for Employers
- NALA Guide Plain English and the Law. Refer Part Three "The know how" for tips
- NALA Service simplyput.ie
- National Council for Special Education (NCSE) Assistive Technology
- NDA Guide Retaining employees who acquire a disability: A guide for employers
- Open Doors Initiative Inclusivity Employment Toolkit